Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Discovery

well, i was surfing the net a bit ago. not because i have alot of time on my hands, because i don't, but well, because the computer was there and i was rather comfy resting on my tush and loathe to get up. can you relate? anyway...somehow i came across the blog of maggie steifvater (http://www.portraitswithcharacter.com/). her work is amazing which i was immediately drawn to, but more than that, she is freakin' hilarious! i actually laughed out loud reading her blog! i love that and immediately subscribed. once upon a time i was funnier in my writing. i won't go so far as to say i was 'freakin' hilarious', but mildly funny would be fine. what happened to that humor? something to do with having kids and only 24 hours in the day too few of which are spent on sleeping. that coma-like state that requires a post it note on the computer to remind me of my name. ha! okay mildly funny. i'll work on it after my 15 minute nap....:)-

2 comments:

Quilt knit said...

I am so glad you found Her blog. I found Her blog a while ago. Just looking for artist. Have you read Katherine Tyrell's blog. Great information.
You will have to be one of the first to buy Her book.
'Lament'.

Your doing great work.

Sherrie

Quilt knit said...

Oh, this is funny. Both you and Maggie tired out. Maggie just collapsed after Her CPSA, talk. with a long drive home. I have told Her I am buying your first edition with horse remarque and to send me the cost.
You will have to give the address to Maggie once the book comes out.

Hope both of you get all rested and pumped up.
Remember to get could fresh Orange Juice. Great pick me up.

Sherrie